Hi, my name is Rae-Ann Clement. I am in the Class of 2020, so I am currently a rising Senior in the Annapolis campus. I’m lucky enough to work with the admissions office for the summer, and thought it might be fun to talk about what my days are like as a student worker. Enjoy!
7-7:30 a.m. Wake up and lay in bed relaxing before getting ready for the day.
8:00 a.m. Ready and on my way to Starbucks to get my favorite breakfast order: a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese spread and a mango dragon fruit lemonade refresher (10/10 would recommend this drink).
8:30 a.m. Arrive at the Admissions Office where I work for the summer. I work at the front desk answering calls; I give tours to our day visitors; I do some admin work for the Office in general. My supervisor is the Assistant Director of Admissions, and she oversees the Visit Program as well as our Summer Academy, so most of what I do is assist her in making the visit program run smoothly.
4:30pm – Work is over, and depending on the day I do either of these activities:
- Fish on the Navy docks (if you’re into fishing, the white perch are abundant here!)
- Work out at the gym (the basketball court was recently re-done. Looks amazing!)
- Go home and relax by binge watching TV shows (I mean, it’s the only time I can do it guilt-free!)
- Hang out with friends who also stayed in Annapolis for the summer
- Explore Downtown Annapolis or DTA (There is always so much to do or see!)
10:00 p.m. Wind down and get ready for bed. Yes, I am an early sleeper! It’s the only way I wake up at 7:00 a.m.
Summertime is the perfect time to do things around the Annapolis area that you may not have time to do during the school year! For me, it’s poking around DTA more often and fishing. Usually during the school year, I have so much to do on campus, between classes and intramural sports (I am one of the team captains), that I don’t get to do either as much as I’d like. Summer is really the best time to get adventurous!